|HOME||DUCT TAPE GALLERY||PERLER PALACE||CROCHET CORNER|
August 7, 2013
July 2009. That's the month and year I created the Kokiri set. I have wanted to make this shield and sword for 4 years but I've been putting it off. It feels good to finally make them. Hopefully it won't take so long to make the next shield/sword.
Fun Fact: These items are part of my costume for this year's Otakon.
The Hyrule Shield was harder to make than I anticipated. It was significantly bigger than the Deku Shield as well as more intricate. I decided not to use a thin layer of tape for the symbols/patterns. It's hard to tell from the picture but the gray border is above the blue background.
The Master Sword also gave me a lot of trouble. This is the third version of the hilt that I tried. The original one looked "Minecrafty" (although it still does to me).
The hat is actually not made out of duct tape. It was crocheted for me by my girlfried.
Everything you see on the Hyrule Shield and Master Sword is duct tape. The hat is yarn.
Discuss: comments powered by Disqus